- We acquired Railmaint GmbH in January 2016 after it suffered a €6m EBITDA loss in 2015.
- Our team immediately implemented a comprehensive restructuring program to tackle the company’s severe cash burn and weak sales.
- Working closely with management, we delivered a stabilization program focused on cost reduction, operational efficiency and sales growth.
- The restructuring program was a great success, rapidly returning the company to strong revenue growth and profitability.
- Today the company continues its robust growth trajectory and aims to be a leader in the digitalisation of the German railcar repair and maintenance industry.
W C Rowe Ltd
- After a competitive bidding process, Rowe’s shareholders and house bank selected IIC as the company’s acquirer in March 2017 due to our plan to rebuild and grow the business, compared to others that only saw value in selling off the firm’s real estate assets.
- We worked closely with management to streamline spend, implement operational efficiency measures and redesign retail processes, while at the same time building a strong and trusting relationship with its bank.
- The transformation program was a rapid success and quickly turned the company into a profitable and cash generative operation. Rowe’s banking partner has stated that the turnaround was one of the most impressive they had ever seen.
- Today, the company is stronger than ever with unprecedented turnover, EBITDA and net profit growth built on the back of rapid retail expansion and exceptional wholesale demand for the company’s award winning products.
- Logivend established itself as one of the largest vending machine operators and market intelligence providers in Spain with over 7.000 HORECA sites. However, it had been loss making in each of the two years before our acquisition in October 2013.
- Immediately after closing the transaction we initiated a dynamic restructuring program to improve cash flow, reduce costs and launch new revenue streams.
- Within 8 weeks, the team achieved significant cash flow improvement from working capital optimisation, negotiated price reductions of >15% in key cost categories, acquired a new client and broadened its service offering.
- A successful and complete restructuring of the company’s business model was implemented over a two-year period, leading to a sustainable operating model for the future.